10 Questions to ask yourself whilst decluttering.
When decluttering, it is important to keep things for the right reasons, that is, whether or not they positively contribute to your home and life. Too many people keep things because they are afraid to let go of them, or because they don’t know what to do with them. However, things are made to be used, and it’s a waste for something to sit unused in a cupboard, release those things for someone else to use.
Here are some questions that can help you make decisions on whether or not something should stay in your home and life.
1. Do I love it?
2. Do I need it for practical reasons?
3. Do I reach for it?
4. Would I buy it if I saw it in a shop?
5. Would I replace it if it broke?
6. Is it damaged?
7. How long have I owned this (and have I used it since I bought it)?
8. How many of these do I have? And which is my favourite?
9. Is it worth the real estate?
10. Would this benefit someone else?
These aren’t, of course, the only questions that you can ask yourself, but they will help to focus your mind when you’re unsure.